Friday, December 17, 2010

Exploring Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver Reflection

Dreamweaver was very helpful for making my Uganda Website. While I was working Dreamweaver would make the html code without me having to do it. It was very simple because I could just write anything, insert pictures and other kind of multimedia without worrying about how to link them to the correct folder. Once I set the path for the folder in the beginning I didn’t have to point to the specific files as I added them to the website. The design is simple and easy to work with. There are so many functions I think I have only learned some of them by making this website. Dreamweaver is a very helpful tool.
            We need Dreamweaver for creating a website so it doesn’t take too long to make it. If we made the website by writing the html code in notepad it would take ages to make just a page. Dreamweaver makes it easier to create a website and has many options on what you can do so you don’t have to learn html and the specific code. There are many people out there who create websites and don’t know a lot of html.
            With Dreamweaver it would be easier to create my digital portfolio because I can easily add all my work from school and organize the website. I don’t have to write the html code, meaning I can create the website faster and I don’t have to know all the codes for everything I add. I would use Dreamweaver to create my digital portfolio.
            Dreamweaver and HTML is similar because both of them use the html code. The only difference is that one does it for you and for the other you have to write the actual code. However, sometimes when using Dreamweaver to create website you need to know some basic html because you might need to insert a <br> to make the lines and spacing how you want them to be. To make the layout of the page however you like you need to know some html so everything (pictures, videos, text) goes where you want it to go.
            I think the site I created was very good. I included all the things I was supposed to and organized it the way I liked. Recently I have started to put pictures and text side to side so that is what I did on my web pages. Some strengths of my website are that the text is clear to read, the background color and text color has a big contrast and I put my video and music on the same page so it was a mix of multimedia. I like using tables on the webpage’s because everything looks more organized. Some things I could have done better were to keep the font and format of the text on each page the same. This way the website has a specific format throughout all the pages. Also, the width of my table in each page is the same but the mid point line isn’t. On the dances page the pictures are all in different sizes so I think I should have made the length or the height the same so it looks better. Overall, I think my website was pretty good and creating it helped me understand how to use Dreamweaver better. By doing this task I understood how to make a better website and this will help me create my digital portfolio.





No comments:

Post a Comment