Friday, February 18, 2011

Exploring Photoshop

At first when I started using Photoshop I wasn’t sure what each tool was for and it took longer to finish the workshops. As I spent more time working on it I got more used to the different functions and could finish the workshops faster. I think Photoshop is a very helpful program which has many great things you can do to pictures that you can’t do with other programs. If someone were to fix something in an image I would recommend they use Photoshop.
In general, I did well in the tasks we had to do using Photoshop. The potato man was easiest and helped me with getting used to the simplest tools. The women with the patch was more complicated to fix but by using the smudge tool and changing the colors it wasn’t very obvious that the picture had been fixed on Photoshop. The bald man was a funny one where we needed to take the hair of one guy and put it on a man who didn’t have a lot of hair. This workshop taught me how to move part of an image into another image. The other workshops helped me learn how to change colors in specific parts of an image and how to cover up unwanted things (e.g. I covered a boat in the sea by using the stamp tool).
Photoshop can help me when creating my website because I could adjust pictures before putting them on the web. For example I could crop parts of an image which I don’t want or I could change the brightness if the picture is to dark. I could also change the color of objects in the picture so they are easier to see and don’t blend in with the background. Another great way Photoshop could help me when creating my website is by making a good picture which I can use as a background for all the pages. There are many other things I could do to the pictures before I put them on my website.
I can relate Photoshop to my Digital Portfolio because I could use it to make cool titles or pictures (clip art, logos) then put them on the web pages. For instance, I can make a title and add a background to it then put it on the top of each page on my web site. My navigation bar could also be created using Photoshop. Photoshop allows me to be more creative and make normal things like tittles look more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Lyra, I am happy to see that you enjoyed Photoshop, and most importantly that you learned how to use! It has a lot of effects and filters that can be used to enhance pictures!

    Now, I want you to apply all the tools to create a great poster for the IB Learner Profile.

    Keep it up the good work!

    Majo

    ReplyDelete